- Stabilized taps provide a means of transferring
the radial load away from NPT type threads.
This results in a much stronger joint between
the pipe thread and the orifice fitting.
- Eliminates the tendency for a leak to occur
between the pipe thread and the orifice fitting.
- These taps come with all the parts necessary to
fit both orifice fittings and orifice unions.
- The shoe is employed to create a larger flat
footprint for the stabilizer nut when used on the
curved surface of orifice flange unions.
- A dielectric kit composed of a spacer and bolt
bushings is included to provide a non-conductive
barrier between a flow computer and meter run.
- Standard Material is 316 SS
- Stabilized instrument tap
- Designed to provide a rigid mount for
transmitters and flow computers
- Fits all applications on 2 1/8" centers
- Can be installed without removing the handles
- Lock-out handles are standard
- Dielectric kits are standard and made of Delrin
- Ball valve is rated Fire Safe to API 607
- 3/8" bore for unrestricted passage of process gas
- Can be used as a ¼ turn root valve
Stabilized Tap Options (Drawings)